In mid-June, my Memebox obsession began. It started with just a few boxes, and has ballooned since then. Memeboxes offer great value and the chance to try new products that are difficult to obtain otherwise. In addition, they often have fun themes to draw you in. If you’re new to Memebox, keep reading to see what it’s all about and get a $5 coupon code!
Today, I received my 21st Memebox: Princess Edition #2 Sleeping Beauty. This box was described as having great nighttime products to help you look your best when you wake up. In my mind, this meant lots of sleeping masks! It contains six products, and while only one of them is actually a sleeping mask, they all do look like useful products.
Memeboxes always come in pretty pink packaging:
All the items in the box:
Let’s get to the goods!
1. ReinPlatz Intensive Moisture Pack: Each Sleeping Beauty Memebox contained either the foot or the hand pack from this brand. I received the hand pack, which I am fine with. It is not an overnight product (the instructions indicate that it should be worn for 20 minutes), but I wonder if it could be worn overnight for deeper moisturization. In addition to helping moisturize the skin, it’s also supposed to help peel away dead skin cells and improve damaged nails.
2. Vella Neck Tight Cream: It’s never too early to start preventing “turkey neck!” While the skin on my neck still feels smooth at the age of 27, I have started to become concerned about it aging, so I’ve recently started using an anti-aging cream on my neck each night. I love that I now have a product designed specifically for this!
3. D’Ran Aqua Wonder Recovery Eye Cream: Fine lines and wrinkles around my eyes are another aspect of aging that I really only began to consider recently. I picked up a small eye cream from Sephora before I started purchasing Memeboxes, and have been alternating between using that and using the eye cream that came in the Whole Grains Memebox. I also have another two eye creams that I’ve gotten from Memebox waiting to be used, so I don’t have an immediate need for this product. This eye cream does contain collagen, which I’ll discuss further when looking at the sleeping mask that came in this Memebox.
4. Dermahouse Aloe Vera Aqua Gel: I believe this is the third aloe vera gel that I’ve gotten from Memebox! My skin will certainly be soothed, but even living in a very dry climate, I think my current supply will last me a couple of years. According to the info card, this gel is 80% natural aloe vera extracts, and is suitable for both the face and body. Since I already have one aloe vera gel open, this product will be waiting on the back burner until that one is finished.
5. e choice Aloe Vera All Care Cream: As you can see from the photo, I’ve already opened this product and tried it! The info card indicates that it is safe to use on any damaged skin, even the lips and around the eyes. However, I would be a bit hesitant using it anywhere on the face. It seems ideal for chapped areas of the body, such as knuckles and elbows. I put a bit of it on my knuckles, and it was absorbed quickly. My skin feels slightly irritated now, but that could simply be because it was already a bit chapped to begin with. I worked at a pet grooming salon during college, and my hands would become horribly chapped during the winters then–this product would have been perfect to handle that! While I no longer get terribly dry skin on my hands during the winter, my boyfriend Phil does–he runs an auto shop, and so is always scrubbing grease off of his hands. I have a feeling this aloe vera cream will get a lot of use from him this coming winter!
6. Dewytree Aqua Collagen Peptide Sleeping Mask: This is the one sleeping mask that came in this Memebox. It contains collagen peptide, hyaluronic acid, green tea extracts, and other good-for-your-skin ingredients. While I was looking forward to getting a sleeping mask, I’m not yet sure if I will use this product. As a vegetarian, I have some concerns about using collagen-based products. However, I’m starting to realize that this cosmetic ingredient is hidden in many products I’ve already used. Since I’ve already purchased these cosmetic products, I’m not sure how to proceed. For now, I will set this sleeping mask aside. I am currently using an IPKN sleeping mask that I ordered from the Shop USA portion of the Memebox website, so I will decide how to proceed with this product once I’m finished with that mask. If I decide not to use it, I’m sure my mom would be delighted to get it!
According to the info card, this Memebox has a value of $129. It cost $29, plus $6.99 for standard shipping. While you may be able to find some of the products at a lower cost than the value Memebox lists, I seriously doubt you could manage to get all six for less than the Memebox price! Overall, it is a useful box, though it is not one of the best Memeboxes for me. This is not because the products are bad, but just because it wasn’t curated in quite the way I expected.
Did you order the Sleeping Beauty Memebox or wish you had? Let me know what you think!
If you’re interested in purchasing a Memebox of your own, this discount code will let you get $5 off through October 31: 2HOG
And to finish it off, here’s a picture of my sleeping beauty 🙂
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.