Do you like coffee? I like coffee! That’s why when I saw the Cafe Box on Memebox’s website, I snatched it up right away. With a photo of a coffee mug used as the box image and coffee and caffeine mentioned right in the box description, I was soon consumed with dreams of coffee-based cosmetics.
See this mug full of delicious coffee?!
When the first spoiler–Vella Fresh Creamy Soap–was revealed, I was a bit surprised, as it was not a coffee-based product. It then dawned on me (and, I think, many other Meme-addicts) that cafe items are, of course, not just limited to coffee. Overall, I am very pleased with this box, even though it only has one coffee item.
Even Theo had fun enjoying the sweet treats in this box!
The box with all of its contents:
1. Vella Fresh Creamy Soap: This item has a whipped cream-like texture, so it would be perfect on top of a skincare product latte. This is the first product I received with donkey milk in it, so I’m excited to try it!
2. Tonymoly Latte Art Cappuccino Cream-In Scrub: This is the one coffee skincare product in this box, and it falls right in line with what I was hoping for. Since it contains caffeine, this scrub sounds perfect to use on busy mornings before a big day.
3. Holika Holika Dessert Time Lip Balm: I saw these lip balms online before receiving the box and am happy to get one, but I gotta say, this is the option I was hoping for the least. And not because of the color or even the flavor of the lip balm (which would make sense), but because of the packaging–I just think the other two look more like actual cakes. Even so, this is pretty cute and will get used. I think it works well for the cafe theme, and I do love having a little pastry with my coffee!
4. Cleomee Anti-Wrinkle Donkey Lotion: More donkey milk! This lotion also contains hyaluronic acid, so it should offer great moisturization and help keep skin looking and feeling youthful. My bottle leaked a bit during transit, so I ended up with some on my hands when I first unboxed it. It had a light scent, nothing too oppressive. And, of course, to make a latte, you do need milk. Not sure how a donkey milk latte would taste, though !
5. Pure Smile Mask Sheet: The possibilities for this mask were green tea and herb, and I’m glad I got green tea because it fits the cafe theme better… though I suppose the herb one could represent herbal tea. I am planning on putting together a skincare box to give to my mom this Christmas, and I think this mask will make a good addition to that.
6. Binu Cook Ice Cream Scoop Cacao Body Soap: How cute and yummy-looking is this?! This body soap looks disturbingly like a real scoop of ice cream and smells like chocolate, but I seriously doubt that it tastes as good as it looks and smells. As for fitting the theme… I guess some cafes do sell ice cream by the scoop, so it works for me!
Overall, I think this box was very well curated, even if it served as a reminder that cafe ≠ coffee house. I thought that this box was incredibly cute–in fact, it was cuter than the latest My Cute Wishlist (my review of My Cute Wishlist 3 will be coming this weekend)! The price of this box was $23, plus $6.99 for standard shipping.
If you’re ready to pick up a Memebox of your own, this code (one time use) will get you $5 off through October 31: 2HOG
If you also purchased the Cafe Box from Memebox, did you expect more coffee items? Were you thrilled or disappointed with the items in the box? Comment and let me know!
And here are a few bonus pics of Theo playing with this box’s cutest items:
Disclaimer: This blog contains affiliate links.